Saturday, April 23, 2011

This

Yesterday, as I sought inspiration for an artist's statement for my UWP Writing in the Fine Arts class, I read through Stefan Sagmeister's "Things I have Learned in my Life So Far." As I read, one bit really got to me, where Sagmeister mentioned how he had kept a diary of some sort since he was twelve. This diary consequently served as a source for his artistic inspiration for years, frequently reading his old thoughts to help him through a new project. It made me think about how my mom would sit down each day to write in her journal, and how I constantly admired her perseverance and dedication to that journal of hers.
I have, too many times than I would like to recount, tried to start a journal of some type, but have always failed because of all those things in life that make you fail at whatever habit you are trying to make for yourself. However, I think this blog will help me in some way to achieve what I want from a diary. I hope I can keep up on updating this, because I am constantly burdened with thoughts that I want to write dow but never give myself the time to just do.
On that note, I will be posting whatever the hell I damn well please about what I am thinking or feeling at any given moment. Instead of constantly writing down what I think in a draft on my phone and saving it for some unknown amount of time until I delete it in a moment of "when will I ever use this?"
This blog will allow me those moments. Even though this information does not need to be published for everyone else to see, I feel like the nature of it will cause me to be more motivated, like I have some other purpose when it is available for public appreciation. This is essentially me vowing to keep up on this blog or my writing in general, and my slight fear for my ability to do so.
Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment