Thursday, June 2, 2011

Depressing, but...

Another one of my Dad's close friends passed away today. My dad knows a lot of people, many of which I do not know and who he likes to pretend I do by saying things like "Oh, you remember so-and-so, yadayads." But this year alone, 3 of his close friends who I knew and grew up around passed away. That's 3 men, no older than 65 years old, passing away from natural causes. Not only is it terribly sad because I knew these men, but I feel pretty terrible that once you get to that age, that's just what happens. Once you start getting older and you establish those life-long friendships, you start having to say goodbye to all the people that mean a lot to you. That's sad and terrifying all at once. One more reason to dread getting old, really.
I hate when I get into these modes of thinking, but it's hard to avoid when you see something like that happening.

2 comments:

  1. Why haven't you posted since June, of 2011?
    As for death, I feel more comfortable being joyful at someone's Memorial Service, than sad. A celebration of life has room for sadness, but not too much.

    Write some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For one I became preoccupied with my other blogs (mostly image based) and websites. As for the other detriments, I suppose I would attribute those to laziness :)

    ReplyDelete